"THE VOICE OF EMPLOYERS IN SERVICE OF EMPLOYERS"
"To be THE representative of ALL employers in Namibia"
"A catalyst for socio-economic growth and sustainable employment"
* Member Focus
* Partnership for growth
* Effective Communication
* Pursuit of Excellence
* Honesty & Integrity
THE NEF: WHO WE ARE
* Founded in 1994
* The NEF is the largest and oldest employers' organisation in Namibia.
. * As such it is recognized by Government, as the "Most Representative" Employers' Organisation, in accordance with ILO regulations.
* Membership is open to any employer, large or small, the only criteria being compliant with Namibian Labour and other Legislation.
* The NEF currently represents the interest of over 5,000 various employers through its direct membership and the Associational Members.
* The Chamber of Mines of Namibia
* The Bankers Association of Namibia
* The Hospitality Association of Namibia
* The Construction Industries Federation
* The Security Association of Namibia
* The Confederation of Namibian Fishing Associations
* The Agricultural Employers' Federation
* The Federation of Namibian Tourism Associations
* The Service Station Owners Association
* The Namibian Contract Drillers Association
THE NEF REPRESENTS ALL NAMIBIAN EMPLOYERS ON VARIOUS BODIES SUCH AS;
* Employment Services Board
* Mimimum Wages Commission
* The Labour Advisory Council on Education
* The Committee for Dispute Prevention and Resolution
* The Essential Services Committee
* The Social Security Commission
* The Employment Equity Commission
* The Board of Namibian Training Authority
* The National Advisory Committee on Education
* The Decent Work Country Programme Co-ordinating Committee
* The Namibian Qualifications Authority
* The NEF is a member of several international bodies and thus enjoys free technical and legal advice when requested.
* In addition, these memberships entitle members to attend various international training courses.
These organizations are:
* The International Labour Organization
* The International Organization of Employers
* Business Africa
* The SADC Private Sector Forum
* The Global Apprenticeship Network